Working with partners from all parts of the sector, FTA offers PD and training relevant for all stages of your career in treasury.
FTA Secretariat has been busy over the past fortnight bedding down our next two events and new training options via FTA.
Webinar – “Financial Reporting Update for Treasurers – What are the 3 key requirements you need for effective reporting this year?” Thursday 25th June 2015, 12.30pm – 1.15pm AEST. Free to FTA members.
Expert presenters include Steven Cunico FFTP, Partner, Deloitte and Chairman of FTA National Technical Committee. Hear financial reporting developments relating to corporate treasury for 30 June 2015 year end, type in your questions and gain 1 FTA CPD Point.
Of course with year-end fast approaching, if you can’t wait until then you might wish to access this 55 minute webinar “Are you ready for 30 June reporting?” from KPMG.
FTA Fundamentals of Treasury Operations Conference
Friday 7th August – Sydney
This event will provide newer staff with a better understanding of how corporate treasuries operate and manage risk, and insight into their career opportunities. It will give any delegate a valuable refresher on best practice plus some relaxed networking.
- Key Note Corporate Treasurer case study – What I expect of my Treasury Operations team, Marion Johnstone CFTP, Group Treasurer, CSR Limited & member FTA National Technical Committee
- shaping your Career in Treasury with Bláthnaid Byrne CFTP, Group Treasurer, AGL
- Specially developed content from experienced treasury trainer, Susan Campbell, Managing Director, Argyll P/L Risk & Treasury Solutions
- Head of Treasury Operations Panel featuring: Tina Koutsoukis CFTP(Snr), Treasurer Operations, Group Treasury, Office of CFO Qantas, Helen Goodwin CFTP, Head of Internal Audit, Lend Lease; Ian Ko CFTP, Head of Treasury Operations, Charter Hall … and yes, there are other male speakers on the program!
Other sessions include:
- Understanding & Calculating CVA
- Technology Update
- Treasury and Risk Management System implementation case studies
- Networking drinks
TRAINING IN TREASURY
FTA is pleased to announce two new partnerships with highly respected providers of training in treasury and financial risk management. In future, FTA members will be able to access a member discount on the three day advanced course conducted by KPMG and University of Melbourne “Financial Institutions Treasury Management”.
For new entrants to Treasury, there will also be access to Argyll’s two day “Understanding Treasury” course developed and presented by Susan Campbell.
WATCH THIS SPACE FOR MORE INFORMATION!
We said we’d be getting more active on social media, and we have been. Now I’d like to get more interaction. FTA members and fellow-travellers, please “follow”, “like”, start a discussion or send your comments and feedback.
FTA on Linkedin – Click here
My Twitter handle – Click here
If you page down on the FTA home page you will find our Job Ads section. There is also a Volunteer Treasurer job listed on FTA’s Linkedin page.
FTA looks forward to your feedback,
David Michell CFTP (Snr)
CEO, The Finance and Treasury Association
REGISTER NOW – FTA Congress 28-30 October 2015 Melbourne