All members of the Association including Directors and the CEO are to abide by the Association’s Code of Ethics. The Board is to review the Association’s Code of Ethics at least once every three years to ensure the code is consistent with the goal of developing and monitoring standards of professional behaviour expected of its members and that it is compliant with the relevant laws and regulations.
All members must commit to the following:
- Members shall exemplify the skills of the profession and act at all times with integrity, care, and diligence.
- Members shall seek to maintain and improve their professional knowledge, skills, and competence.
- Members shall observe legislation and regulation that govern their respective activities, as well as the spirit of the law and contemporary market practice.
- Members shall consider the effect of their actions on all relevant stakeholders and declare to those parties any conflict of interest.
- Members shall exercise a duty of care such that their activities are capable of close public scrutiny.