Treasury Management Training Events
Conducted by KPMG in conjunction with University of Melbourne
The Financial Institutions Treasury Management course is designed to provide hands-on training to executives and management in either large or small banks, credit unions, building societies or other non bank financial institutions.
The three-day Treasury Management Course facilitates intensive training in key aspects of financial risk management, instrument valuation, dealing with AASB139, AASB9 and treasury controls, ensuring its status as a unique training opportunity. The course is designed to provide hands-on training for finance practitioners from large and small, public or private sector organisations –particularly accountants, finance managers, internal auditors, treasury officers, managers and senior management who need to supervise treasury functions.
TRAINING EVENT DATES
11th – 13th May 2016
Venue: University House, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Melbourne, VIC
22nd – 24th June 2016
Venue: KPMG, Level 15, 10 Shelley Street, Sydney, NSW
31st August – 2nd September 2016
Venue: KPMG, Lvl 16, 71 Eagle Street, Brisbane, QLD
5th – 7th October 2016
Venue: KPMG, Lvl 8, 235 St Georges Terrace, Perth, WA
The course has been continually revised and updated to meet the challenges today’s treasury practitioners face. You will learn how to:
- Identify and develop key strategies for financial risk management
- Understand the valuation of financial instruments
- Obtain familiarity with the practical requirements of the accounting standards AASB139 and AASB9
- Understand the market terminology associated with, and uses of financial instruments
- Allow participants to apply the principles in a half day case study
- Network with other finance and treasury practitioners
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Treasurers (new to role)
The Treasury Management course facilitators are skilled practitioners and academics who individually have extensive experience in operating, consulting and teaching in financial markets.
- Stephen Cheesewright FFTP, BCom. Melb, MAppfin. Melbourne
- Associate Professor Sean Pinder, BCom (Hons) Monash, PhD Newcastle
- Dr. Chander Shekhar BE, ME (Virginia), PhD (Penn State)
- Paul Travers FFTP BA Economics, CMC, MCom Finance, UNSW
- Paul Ferris, BSc (Mathematics & Statistics), BCom (Accounting & Economics Melb)
2016 Course Fee: $2,950 plus GST
2016 Early Bird Fee: $2,650 plus GST (book & pay four weeks prior to the delivery date)
As a member of the FTA, you will receive a further 10% discount on the above fees.
Non Members will receive one year’s full FTA Membership as part of their training course registration fee. Please ensure you indicate whether you are an FTA Member or Non Member upon registration.
To register for the Treasury Training Events and for further program details, please CLICK HERE!
All queries regarding this event to: TL-Treasury@unimelb.edu.au Phone: +61 3 9810 3252