Extreme periods of market and economic volatility such as the recent pandemic and the 2008 GFC put enormous strains on treasury and finance teams and can cause knee-jerk decision making from company boards.
Rochford will share some real examples of how to effectively navigate these stormy waters as well as lessons from the companies that sunk, and the boards that panicked.
The session will be covering the following topics:
- FX risk management
- Identify, Measure, Manage & Monitor
- Derivative restructuring
- Accounting considerations
- Policy and process
- Building strategies that work in normal market conditions and black swan events
- Understanding the tail risk
- Liquidity, in a crisis
- Thomas Averill – Managing Director
- Derek Mumford – Director, Head of Risk Advisory
- Kevin Mitchell – Partner, Head of Hedge Accounting